INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT IN THILAWA AREA PHASE II DETAILED DESIGN STAGE27/07/2018
Narrative description of Project:
Main scope of Access Road Project, according to JICA-PS, is consisted the following three components:
Civil Works: Improvement of the existing 2-lane road to a 4-lane road, with dual carriageways.
● Road Length (Widening & Reconstruction): 8.7km
● Pavement: Asphaltic Concrete Pavement
Sta. 0+000 – Sta.6+520 : AC Binder 7cm + AC Wearing 5cm
Sta. 6+520 – Sta. 8+677: AC Binder 10cm + AC Wearing 5cm
● Bridge Widening: Railway Overpass at Sta. 4+800
● Box-culverts (new construction): 9 numbers
● Pipe-culverts (new construction): 5 numbers
● Intersections: 5 No. of major intersections with traffic signals
● Street lighting: at Sta. 0+000 to 6+500 (L=6.5 km)
● Road side drainage and safety facilities
Electric Works: Replacement of the overhead power lines (0.4 kV, 6.6 kV, 11 kV and 33 kV) with underground cables.
● Removal of Overhead Lines: 44.5 km in total
● Installation of Underground Cables: 65.6 km in total
● Relocation of Transformers: 6 numbers
Telecommunication Works: Replacement of the overhead telecommunication lines with underground cables.
● Demolition of Overhead Lines: 48 km in total
● Demolition of Underground Cables: 23.9 km in total
● Installation of Underground Copper Cables: 22.5 km in total
● Installation of Underground Optical Fiber Cables: 33.7 km in total
Location within country:
Thilawa special economic zones (SEZ), Yangon City
Name of Client:
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS OF MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION
Address: Yangon City, Myanmar.
Start date (month/year): 12/ 2017
Completion date (month/year): 01/ 2018
Name of associated Consultants, if any:
Nippon Koei – Japan
Description of actual services provided by our staff within the assignment:
• Prepare preliminary design of all road and structure works in the alignment;
• Prepare road and structure SPEC of project.
- Deputy Manager of Highway Design Department