NGUYEN VAN TROI – TRAN THI LY BRIDGE , DA NANG CITY23/12/2008
1. Project Description
Nguyen Van Troi – Tran Thi Ly Bridge is located in Da Nang City which is 764 km far from the North (Hanoi City) and 964 km far from the South (Ho Chi Minh City) . This port city plays an important role in the East coast region. It is also a key traffic intersection of highway, railway, sea-way and airline, linking the North and the South of Vietnam. This cable-stayed bridge, crossing Han River, connecting Hai Chau, Son Tra and Ngu Hanh Son districts, will replace the two existing Nguyen Van Troi and Tran Thi Ly bridges.
The structure of Nguyen Van Troi – Tran Thi Ly Cable-Stayed Bridge is a special one which is first time applied in Vietnam. It has triple-plane cables combining with flexible-junction tower. This project requires high technical specifications and applies new technological materials.
The Client: DA NANG PEOPLE’S COMMITTEE
– Construction scope: Permanent.
– Design frequency: P = 1%.
– Clearance: Navigation clearance: vertical: H >=7m, horizontal: B >=50m; Highway clearance: H >=4.75m.
– Design load and impactions:
+ Live load: Design live load: HL-93; Walking load: 3×10-3MPa.
+ Lateral load: Calculation Zone : Zone IV.
+ Earthquake effect: Zone: class 6; maximum effect: Imax = 7 (MSK-64).
– Bridge: B = 34,5m (3.5m + 11.25m + 5.0m + 11.25m + 3.5m).
+ Roadway: 6×3.75m = 22.5m;
+ Sidewalk: 2×3.5m (safety space 0.5m);
+ Median strip: 5.0m (safety space 0.5m);
– Superstructure layout: (4×50+230+45+4×50+30+26.731)m in total length, in which:
+ Main span: 230m long, single-plane cables connecting to the span structure at median strip.
+ Pylon tower: cross-section is V-shape by reinforced concrete; skew angle is12 degree to the West (abutment S1), 145m in height.
+ Approach spans: Box girder pre-stressed concrete.
+ Abutment: reinforced concrete, Bored pile foundation.
+ Pier: reinforced concrete, Bored pile foundation.
This project construction started on April 2009, inaugurated on March 29th, 2013 and now is an attracting place for tourists when visiting Da Nang.
2. Consultant services
– Implement of investment project: Analysis the necessary of the construction investment; Analysis of topography, geology, hydrography of the construction area; Analysis of waterway system in the area and navigation requirements; Selection of bridge design alternative; Environment impacts assessment; Time schedule.
– Detailed Design: Work out the general execution’s schedule; Deal with quantity items; Make the cost estimate description; Formulate cost estimation; Form and analyze the total cost.