Ho Chi Minh – Long Thanh – Dau Giay Expressway Project23/12/2014
1. Project Description:
Ho Chi Minh City – Long Thanh – Dau Giay Expressway is an especially important part of North – South expressway system. It has modern design and was applied many international advanced technologies. After completed, the project will be the premise for the socio-economic development and national defense of the provinces where it is located in particular and for the triangle economic area of South-East region in general.
Client: Vietnam Expressway Corporation
Project location: District No.2 and No.9 of HCM City and Long Thanh, Nhon Trach, Cam My and Thong Nhat districts of Dong Nai Province.
The starting point (Km0+000) is at An Phu Interchange in District No. 2, HCM City and the ending point (Km54+983) is at the interchange with NH No.1A, Dong Nai province (Km1829+800 NH No.1A), belonging to North-South transportation alignment.
Scope of project: In phase I, the project has total length of 55.7 Km, including 4 traffic lanes and 2 emergency parking lanes, maximum design speed is 100 km/h. In phase II (completed stage), there will be 8 lanes, maximum design velocity 120 km/h. The Component 1 (An Phu – Ring road II section) is urban expressway, design speed is 100 km/h, and embankment width is 25.5m. The Component 2 (Ring road II – Dau Giay Section) reaches expressway standard class A, design velocity is 100 km/h (Phase 1) and embankment width is 27.5m.
Total investment: approximate to VND 18,884 billion, in which stage 1 is VND 9,890 billion. Capital resources: self-mobilized by the Client, Vietnam Government’s reciprocal capital and loan of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Japan Bank International Cooperation (JBIC).
On February 2nd, 2015, the project’s inauguration ceremony was held.
2. THE MAIN WORKS:
• Bridges across large rivers: Long Thanh Bridge (Km12+228.0 ~ Km12+908.0, Balanced Cantilever Box Girder) is 1721m in total length, crossing Dong Nai River. Span Layout: 13@40 + 80 + 4@130 + 80 + 13@40.
• Other river-crossing bridges: There are 06 large-scale bridges with main span are from 40~63m; 11 small-scale and medium-scale bridges with main span are from 20~33m.
• Viaduct, Flyover: There are one 6,369m-length viaduct with spans are from 33~40m; 03 bridges crossing national, provincial highways, railways and 10 flyovers.
• Interchange: There are 04 interchanges including 03 interchanges and 01 intersection.
• Culvert: There are 48 culverts with various type, 1,560m in total length.
• Service – operation works: There are 04 toll plazas, 01 service station and 02 operation managements center.
- Director of Center for Geotechnical, Foundation and Construction Quality Testing
- Hydrographic engineer, Technique and project Development department
- Manager of Hydrographic and Topographic Survey Department
- Manager of Bridge and Tunnel Design Department
- Engineer of Technique and project Development department